Ias team bio
Chief Remote Pilot/CPL/RA-AUS Senior Instructor/Level 2 Maintainer
Stewart gained his Commercial Pilots Licence in 1968 and joined the Department of Civil Aviation as a Flight Service Officer in 1969; serving in Papua New Guinea and Australia for a total of 13 years. Stewart, together with his wife June, owned and operated a recreational flying school in the 1990’s. He continues to do flight instruction on the side, along with flying and building light aircraft.
Stewart is a Director of Interspacial Aviation Services Pty Ltd; and is the Chief Remote Pilot.
Jimmy completed his Commercial Pilot Licence in 1968 in South Africa and still flies his own Tiger Moth. He served with South African Airways for 43 years, flying as a Flight Engineer in many aircraft including the B707 & B747 before retiring in 2001. His engineering qualifications include:
- LAME (Electrical X) – 1963.
- Flight Engineer.
- Flight Engineer Instructor Rating.
- Certified Civil Aviation Authority Testing Officer.
- Methodology of Instruction (SAA).
- Certificate IV Training & Assessment (TAE40110). He continues to lecture part-time in ATPL theory.
Jimmy is a Director of Interspacial Aviation Services Pty Ltd; and is the Maintenance Controller and RPA Instructor.