Commercial Use of Drones
An RPA (drone) will usually have photographic surveillance or photographic image or video image capture capability including infrared; this is called payload. These types of vehicles have historically been used in military applications for missions that are too dangerous for manned aircraft.
Uses of civil RPAs include:
- Aerial photography – still & motion; low level filming; media link transmission; real estate photography; architectural building & infrastructure progress assessing.
- Aerial surveying – Geo/Magno/Spectro/Seismic; Geochemical/Sampling; environmental studies; pipeline inspection; power line inspection; power pole inspection; mine site monitoring, property survey.
- Agriculture (crop survey, seeding).
- Police, Fire & Emergency Services surveillance & management.
- Life saving & shark monitoring activities.
- Dropping – Rescue equipment.
- Pollution monitoring.
- Event security.
- Scientific research.
- PLUS much more…...