CASA Remote Pilot Licence (RePL)
Short Course – Multirotor up to 25kg
Thank you for your enquiry regarding the Short Course – multirotor up to 25kg for the RePL.
This Course will give you a Remote Pilot Licence. You will then be able to pilot a Remotely Piloted Aircraft on commercial operations.
- This course applies to those with prior aviation knowledge and who have passed the RPL or PPL theory exam.
- A person who holds or has held: A flight crew licence or an Air Traffic Control licence (civil or military) and/or a Command Instrument Rating is taken to satisfy the points above.
- The qualification for Commercial Operations of RPA (drone) is to have logged 5-hours with a Basic RPAS Training Provider (such as IAS Pty Ltd)
- We train a maximum of two students, to give quality time on the field.
When, Where, Dates
- 2-hour evening classroom theory is held monthly on Mondays from 6:00pm to 8:00pm at 10 Eagle Drive, Jandakot Airport (Minovation Flying School building which is opposite the Royal Flying Doctor Services building). The new CASA certified curriculum theory material is used.
- The flying training will take place over the following day or two to build up the required 5 hours.
Venue & Time for Field Training
- Sutherlands Park, Huntingdale (corner Southern River Road & Gay Street. Use entry off Gay Street).
This flying training coincides with our normal field training for our 5-day RePL training course students.
- The Chief Remote Pilot will advise the time, depending on weather condition for the day.
2019 Dates for Classroom Theory
- August 12,
- September 9,
- October 14,
- November 11
- December 9.
$640 which includes GST & the CASA fee.
For information regarding gaining your own Remote Operator Certificate (ReOC), please scroll down under Courses (top of page) and click on Remotely Piloted Aircraft Operator Certificate (ReOC)