5-DAY REMOTELY PILOTED AIRCRAFT LICENCE (RePL) OR RePL SHORT COURSE; ALL including up to 25kg
CASA 5-Day Remotely Piloted Aircraft Licence (RePL) – Multirotor up to 25kg
RePL drone training course, using the new CASA certified curriculum theory material.
The qualification for the Commercial Operation of RPA (drone)
- Basic Remote Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) training.
- Fully integrated including theory and practical flying training.
- Student receives his Remote Pilot Licence (RePL).
- Available to people with no prior aviation experience.
The CASA requirement is for the student to have logged 5 hours of drone flying by the end of the course (this includes any private drone/model flying you may have done previously).
Once completed, this RePL course will give you your Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) on multirotor RPA’s up to 25kg & the qualification to work commercially for a drone company (ReOC); or to be Chief Remote Pilot for your own ReOC.
Some reasons to train with us…
- IAS Pty Ltd has been over 6 years in the business; from when CASA first created the courses.
- We are up to date (& keep current) with the new CASA certified curriculum theory material.
- We automatically train to the higher 25kg qualification.
- The student flies a variety of drones and does First Person View (FPV) practice – to prepare for the real world operation.
- Our radio (AROC) course covers real world communications around aerodromes.
- We have contractors operating under our ReOC Australia-wide.
PLUS: We are experienced aircraft Commercial pilots; this is becoming more and more important as RePL pilots are regularly mixing in with manned aircraft airspace.
Venue: Minovation Flying School building (opposite Royal Flying Doctor building), 10 Eagle Drive, Jandakot Airport, Jandakot, Perth WA 6164
The required CASA 5-hour practical flying training is conducted within the 5 days, at a local park. Our students get to fly various models including the P3, P4 Mavic, Inspire, Matrice M600: including work on the FPV tablet operation.
COST: Total cost including GST is $2970. Pay only $500 deposit to hold a position in the month of your choice, then the balance is due before the course commences. All credit cards accepted/companies invoiced.
The total cost of $2970 covers –
- GST & CASA fees, radio licence (AROC) and the English language proficiency test.
- Classroom handouts (maps, charts, etc).
- CASA certified curriculum theory material.
- Main lunches, morning and afternoon refreshments.
Groups of 6 students receive a ‘one student free’ discount.
2019 Drone Training Course Dates
- July 15-19 (fully booked)
- August 12-16 (some vacancies)
- September 9-13
- October 14-18
- November 11-15
- December 9-13
Maximum of 6 students per training course. Why not book early to secure a place? Contact us for bookings & info.
CASA RePL Short Course on Multirotors up to 25kg.
1. This particular course applies to those with prior aviation knowledge and who have passed the Recreational Pilot Licence (RPL) or the Private Pilot Licence (PPL) theory exam.
2. A person who holds or has held: A flight crew licence or an ATC licence (civil or military) and/or a command Instrument Rating is taken to satisfy the requirement.
Once completed, this Short Course will give you a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL). You will then be able to pilot a Remotely Piloted Aircraft on commercial operations.
The current CASA ruling is as follows:
- You need to log five hours with a basic RPAS drone training provider (such as IAS Pty Ltd), to get ‘type’ rated and gain your RePL.
- You need to have completed 2 hours of theory, followed by comprehensive field training.
THEREFORE, this Short Course involves a monthly 2-hour night theory class, using the new CASA certified curriculum theory material. Comprehensive field training is held the following day/days – weather permitting.
2019 dates for the 2-hour Night Theory Class, held on Mondays 6:00pm-8:00pm
(note: 2 students accomodated only as this provides the student quality field training).
- July 15th (one vacancy)
- August 12th
- September 9th
- October 14th
- November 11th
- December 9th
COST: $640.00 includes GST & CASA fees.
All credit cards accepted.
Contact us for bookings & info.
Excited……eager to learn 🙂
Just one of our lunchtime venues: Jandakot Airport